24 See through a wooden fence 24 Mar 2020
You can look through a wooden fence and see the yard it encloses if there are vertical gaps between the boards. Typically, the boards may be four to six inches wide and the gaps may be approximately half an inch or more. It is easy to identify objects in the yard, even the ones smaller than a basketball.
There is a technique to use when walking or riding a bike along the fence.
· Viewpoint: While in motion, look toward the yard as if the fence were not there.
· Focus: If you focus on the fence, you will see the fence. Focus on the yard behind the fence.
· Interpretation: The human brain functions to assemble the narrow bits of images into a picture.
This scenario, taken literally, works. However, in today’s message it is metaphorical. Please make these substitutions:
· in motion means reading
· fence means words; yard means knowledge
· picture means wisdom
Now the message reads
· Viewpoint: While reading, look toward knowledge as if words were not there.
· Focus: If you focus on words, you will see words. Focus on the knowledge behind the words.
· Interpretation: The human brain functions to assemble the narrow bits into wisdom.
You have now learned my writing style. Enjoy this blog in preparation for my book-in-progress.